Who is the Provost?
Dr. Laura Carlson is the University of Delaware’s provost. As the University’s chief academic officer, the provost is responsible for administration of all programs of instruction, research and service, and for facilitating the success of the University’s faculty and students. Reporting to the provost are the deans of the ten colleges, the deputy provost for academic affairs, vice provost for faculty affairs, vice provost for libraries, vice provost for graduate and professional education, vice president of enrollment management, associate provost and chief of staff.
For more, please visit the provost’s page.
An Action Plan for Diversity at UD
Our University is committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive campus that reflects our collective views, experiences, capabilities, cultures, aspirations, and ultimately our commitment to excellence. To visit our Diversity website, click here.
Educational communities, such as ours, are enriched by the contributions and full participation of people from different backgrounds.
Toward those ends, the University seeks to:
- Increase the racial and cultural diversity of its students, faculty and staff.
- Create a climate that expects and encourages all members of the University community to respect and appreciate individual and cultural differences.
- Promote equity for people of different backgrounds throughout all areas of University life.
- Develop organizational practices that include the participation and perspectives of these groups.
- Enhance the curriculum by including the contributions and perspectives of different races, cultures and genders.
The University has created a Diversity Action Plan to guide its progress in achieving the goals listed above. The plan was developed during the 2015-16 academic year under the direction of the vice provost for diversity with input from the UD community. View the Diversity Action Plan. The Diversity Action Plan has also been made available in spanish. Ver un plan de acción para la diversidad en la UD